I don't usually go for memes, but I was tagged for one by Möbius Stripper a long time ago that I never wrote, and I saw another one that I liked. So here they are, for what they're worth.
5 things that are strange about me (Möbius Stripper's):
- Even though I am a musician in a semi-professional choir, I don't really like to have music playing in the background of my life. I'd rather just have it quiet.
- I am ridiculously high-waisted; the tops of my hipbones are probably less than an inch from the bottom of my ribcage.
- (Strangely lucky...) I had 4 living grandparents until I was almost 35.
- I have been mistaken for a deity twice in my life.
- My life is so mundane that I can only think of 4 things that are strange about me. (Ummmm, wait, but that's a 5th...so it has to come off the list...but...then there are 4 and...damn that Russel's paradox!)
And the other one:
- Things I'm supposed to like and do like: chocolate, hiking, classical music, my wife, cooking, ice cream, most of my students, cats, Asian food, astronauts, traveling, kissing
- Things I'm not supposed to like, but like anyway: online gambling, snakes, old-fashioned meatloaf, math, steamed broccoli, ants, being alone, the dark, sleeping late
- Things I'm supposed to like, but don't like: camping, roller coasters, chess, horror movies, various components of my body, department stores, watching (most) TV, professional sports, dogs, mowing the lawn, antiques, small talk, George W. Bush (and crew), being tickled
- Things I'm not supposed to like, and don't like: smoking, cockroaches, raw broccoli, grading papers, hypodermic needles, bees, shallow people, intelligent design "theory"
- Things I like the idea of, but don't actually like: opera, being handy around the house, being meticulously organized, sailing, jazz, sunbathing, Important Literature, getting very drunk, religion